All photos by Liane Brandon, (c) 2012.
The 2013 PSF Appeal has begun! Your donation helps us continue to provide vital services, meeting spaces for local groups, and maintain a community anchor in Oak Square.
If you'd like to hear about upcoming events at the PSF Community Center, enter your email address below.
Download the 2013 PSF Appeal letter here | Donate online
The calendar for the Little Sprouts Budding Scholars Community Room is now online-- check available times by clicking here. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Thanks to everyone who attended and donated to the
Presentation School Foundation's Summer Social!
Media coverage of the Center's grand opening:
Allston-Brighton Tab: Presentation School Foundation Community Center celebrates grand opening
Boston Globe letters to the editor: Disengaged? Not in Brighton - Story highlights central role of schools in creating a community - Stark contrast between insurer’s lavish Boston office, Brighton community center
WGBH-FM: Presentation School Opens to Community
BNN: Parish School Resurrected as Community Center
WBUR: A Community Center Rises From A Closed Catholic School
NECN: Closed Catholic school transformed for community
WGBH's Greater Boston: Presentation School reopens
Boston Herald: Outpouring of faith, cash resurrects school
Boston Globe: Once-embattled Brighton school reborn as community center
The PSF Community Center provides the following services for individuals, families and children:
- An affordable daycare and preschool (in partnership with Little Sprouts Childhood Enrichment Centers, WGBH and Wheelock College). The daycare and preschool are now open.
- Community health services, including the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program (in partnership with St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center), which is now open.
- The New Balance Community Room will be open for any group needing space from the Girl Scouts to the Garden Club.
- An afterschool program (in partnership with the Brighton-Allston After School Program of the South Cove Community Health Center).
- A transportation service for the elderly and visually impaired (in partnership with the Independent Transportation Network of Boston), opening later this month.
- Classes and courses for neighborhood children, youth, and adults.
We currently have non-profit space available. Click here to download a fact sheet; if you're interested, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 617-782-8670.