All photos by Liane Brandon, (c) 2012.
The calendar for the Little Sprouts Budding Scholars Community Room is now online-- check available times by clicking here. We also have space available for use by small groups in our Upper Meeting Room-- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Two upcoming events
The Presentation School Foundation's Summer Social
Saturday, June 15, 2013 at the PSF Community Center
Click here to RSVP
Celebrate the beginning of summer with your friends and neighbors!
The event will include a silent and live auction.
The PSF's Annual Golf Tournament will be held Thursday, July 18th
at the George Wright Golf Course in Hyde Park.
Click here to download a signup and sponsorship sheet.
Check back here for more details, or friend us on Facebook to get the latest news and hear about upcoming events at the PSF Community Center.
We thank our volunteers for their work in making our grand opening in May a great success.
Thanks also to our supporters for making the grand opening possible.
Media coverage of the Center's grand opening:
Allston-Brighton Tab: Presentation School Foundation Community Center celebrates grand opening
Boston Globe letters to the editor: Disengaged? Not in Brighton - Story highlights central role of schools in creating a community - Stark contrast between insurer’s lavish Boston office, Brighton community center
WGBH-FM: Presentation School Opens to Community
BNN: Parish School Resurrected as Community Center
WBUR: A Community Center Rises From A Closed Catholic School
NECN: Closed Catholic school transformed for community
WGBH's Greater Boston: Presentation School reopens
Boston Herald: Outpouring of faith, cash resurrects school
Boston Globe: Once-embattled Brighton school reborn as community center
The PSF Community Center provides the following services for individuals, families and children:
- An affordable daycare and preschool (in partnership with Little Sprouts Childhood Enrichment Centers, WGBH and Wheelock College). The daycare and preschool are now open.
- Community health services, including the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program (in partnership with St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center), which is now open.
- The New Balance Community Room will be open for any group needing space from the Girl Scouts to the Garden Club.
- An afterschool program (in partnership with the Brighton-Allston After School Program of the South Cove Community Health Center).
- A transportation service for the elderly and visually impaired (in partnership with the Independent Transportation Network of Boston), opening later this month.
- Classes and courses for neighborhood children, youth, and adults.
We currently have non-profit space available. Click here to download a fact sheet; if you're interested, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 617-782-8670.